North Carolina Homeowners Insurance

North Carolina Homeowners Insurance

North Carolina is a great place to plant your roots. The state has it all, with friendly citizens, a rich history, beautiful climates, breathtaking mountains and breezy coastlines. Not to mention a college basketball rivalry like no other.

If you live in the Tar Heel State, we want to help you protect your home. Our comprehensive coverage and simple approach to insurance make protecting your home easy.


SageSure offers the following products for residents in North Carolina:

Homeowners Policy (HO3)

Our HO3 homeowners policy protects your home, other structures and belongings from damages caused by an unforeseen loss. Your home and other structures are covered on an open peril* basis, subject to the exclusions listed in the policy. Your personal belongings are covered for the named perils** listed. The policy can help pay for bodily injury or property damage you are legally responsible for, such as when a guest is injured on your property, or you or a family member accidentally injures someone or damages their property.

Most homeowners insurance policies do not cover damage from floods or earthquakes. However, there may be additional coverage options available to purchase.

Flooding is a temporary overflow of water onto land that is normally dry. Floods are the most common natural disaster in the United States. Failing to evacuate flooded areas or entering flood waters can lead to injury or death.

Floods may:

  • Result from rain, snow, coastal storms, storm surges and overflows of dams and other water systems.
  • Develop slowly or quickly. Flash floods can come with no warning.
  • Cause outages, disrupt transportation, damage buildings and create landslides.

Homeowners – Wind Only

Policies that provide coverage for wind-only offer protection against wind and hail damage due to storms and hurricanes. These policies are beneficial to those living in coastal areas, which are at higher risk of intense storms and where a standard homeowners policy may exclude wind damage.

Landlord Policy

A landlord policy is the most comprehensive policy available for rental and other non-owner-occupied homes, providing coverage for the dwelling, other structures, the landlord’s furnishings, loss of rent and on-premises liability.


*Open perils – coverage is provided for all loss types unless specifically excluded. Standard exclusions include but not limited to earthquake, flood, nuclear disaster, acts of war and intentional loss.
**Named perils – coverage is provided for specific perils only. Typically include fire, lightning, windstorm or hail, explosion, riot, aircraft damage, vehicle damage, vandalism, theft, among others. Some perils may still be excluded.
Actual coverage will be determined at the time and location of the loss, based on the coverage in place, and laws in effect in the jurisdiction where the loss occurred.

Learn More


For more information about our products, contact SageSure Customer Care at (800) 481-0661 or email us.